1.8T in a MK2. done search.

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by HidRo, Aug 17, 2005.

1. HidRo Forum Member

So, I'm searching for a 1.8T, and I might have found Audi S3 engine and 6 speed gearbox,2002 model 210bhp. The engine code is AMK.

The questions are:

I can get the engine, clock, keys, ecu, aircon pump, allternator and starter.
    Since it is a 2002, is it a problem due the immobilizer(sp)?
    What do I need to get?
    How much money is it usually involved??
    The wiring has to be a special one?

From the search I've done here on the site, I couldn't find much.
    Thanks!!

2. brown bomber Forum Member

Hi. In a similar position with the 1.8t engine. In the process of buying one and it comes with ECU clocks keys column and associated wiring. The theory is that you junk all the ECU etc and go stand alone management and then you can map it how you want. Not as thorough way of running the engine as using the standard ECU but if done professionally there is no problem. Many of my friends have done it this way and donot have a problem.

No immobiliser to get round etc etc and you can map the ECU how you want.

I think JBS are the only people I spoke to who regularly use all the clocks etc etc from the donor car, When I asked them about fitting S3 clocks in a mk2 dash they said fit a TT dash. Not really helpful???

I am going for Emerald ECU which will require a small amount of wiring compared to lots of hassle fitting S3 looms and clocks.

Hope this helps. My search on this site about this subject was alsoa bit hit and miss.

3. mattwelcer

mattwelcer Forum Member

4. Griggsey Forum Member

ok I have a 1.8T in my rallye.but i have the original g60 4wd gearbox.

which is slower topend but still good on acceleration.

the only problem i have is that i need to get better stronger engine mounts as the standard mk2 ones are not strong enough