1.8T swap unused connectors

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Rocco_Balboa, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Rocco_Balboa Paid Member Paid Member

managed to get the engine in the bay this weekend and basically thrown the loom in and plug everything in but I've got a few spare plugs. 1st one is large two pin near the radiator which makes me think it was originally for the mk4 fan possibly? the other end of it is where the loom comes through the firewall grommet so I'm presuming I can just ignore/remove this and use the original scirocco wiring?
    [​IMG]IMG_20220724_122119 by Paul Miller, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20220724_122056 by Paul Miller, on Flickr

Also what happens with the mk4 oil pressure plug circled in orange (single pin green and black wire black outer sheath) next to the oil filter housing? I've got a vdo oil temp gauge next to the ashtray thats never been connected but was planning to use the original sciroccos green/black unused spade that you can see in the pic just to the right of the housing for oilt temp guage.

[​IMG]IMG_20220724_122028 by Paul Miller, on Flickr

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

1. SAI pump, this should have been deleted as part of the loom conversion if you arent planning to use one, and functionality defeated in ecu along with post cat lambda, carbon canister etc

2. you add the old scirocco oil senders to the 20v lump and wire them up using the factory fusebox pins. again ideally the loom builder should have taken care of all that for you

https://clubgti.com/forums/index.ph...install-faq-now-with-added-dieselness.267196/

3. Rocco_Balboa Paid Member Paid Member

Cool will get rid of the wiring for sai then as not needed, problem with my loom was that I forgot to send both parts away. I gave him the rocco loom and only 1 half of the 1.8t loom so having to work out /delete unnecessary plugs myself.
    In regards to the senders they're all taken care off, new lo and hi senders are already fitted and I also removed the old sender from the roccos oil filter housing and plugged it into my t-piece. So do I just ignore/remove the 1.8t oil temp sender plug and use the original rocco black/green wire for the vdo oil temp gauge? the other end is coiled up disconnected next to the fusbox and would just need extended over to the ashtray area where the gauge is installed

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

aha right yeah so you ignore the old mk4 pressure switch plug and use the ones included with your new 20v loom after you swap all your old oil senders over.

if the mfa oil temp green/black wire is included yes you can use that for your new oil gauge, if not run your own

Rocco_Balboa likes this.