1.9 16v G60.. should i?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by spellmaster, Feb 8, 2004.

1. spellmaster Forum Member

Ok, so my Mk2 8v G60 convertion is all done and dusted. currently its happly putting out 191 Bhp. and it feels good.

However. In my garrage i have this
    [​IMG]

which is a 1.9 block that 800g's made a while ago. when he said it was forsale i snaped it up and the proper manifolds now they lie in wate.

But should i put this massive power in my 2WD mk2 or should i move on to a 4x4 chassis, that is more able to use the 270+ bhp that such an engine would produce.

has any one got any advice/experience of running massive BHP through the front wheels? My rule of thumb is 225 is about it for a FWD car.

2. Rallye Forum Junkie

Well I have a 4x4 car, and came very close to buying that block!

Get the KR head and enjoy a easy 280bhp through a Quaife LSD

you know it makes sence!

3. jaistanley Forum Member

What pistons are they? Are they machined 16v, machined 8v G60 or some custon jobbies??

Jai

4. spellmaster Forum Member

im not exactly sure. the one in the middle is for show, i think they may be forged or somthing but i could be wrong. I didnt have much to do with the engine rebuild but i trust 800G's and his guys to do a proper job.

Just gora get motivated to put it in.. or i could sell it... oh heck iduno. Gota sort the mk1 first.

5. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

I think the pistons are custom made forged 1.9 pistons running on G60 rods.

I know cos I helped 800g's make that engine about 2 years ago. [:D] It was planned to go in Nutter4x4's old mk1 till he got 20vt idea's......

I think that painting of the block was my work too.
    Edited by: RallyeVR6

6. spellmaster Forum Member

well there u go!. Its gota realy taty 16v head on at the moment, so i cant seen them in there glory. must do it justice and get a pucka head for it.