1.9 8v

Discussion in 'Engines' started by nic_ape, Oct 24, 2003.

1. nic_ape Forum Member

I've just purchased a lovely mk2 golf resprayed in Audi RS2 blue, thing is i know its been bored out to 1.9 in its past and had the uprated cams that i understand u need for any upgrade, thing is i wana know wat sort of power this engine puts out. any ideas...i dnt wna put it on the rolling road coz the cars done 155000 miles and i dont want it going bang on the rollers. truth o it is im looking to have it refurbished. Any help would be appriatiated.

2. chrismc Forum Junkie

If its a good un 130-135 at the flywheel!!!

If the engine feels strong & doesnt smoke or rattle, I would have no real concerns about putting it on a RR.

When the 1900 conversion was done it "Should" have been treated to new main bearings etc etc....

3. rajmirch Forum Member

If it's going to go mate then it's going to go!!!

Id rather have it go ona RR than when im doing 69.9 on the M-way.

At least if its on a RR they will spot any potential probs before they happen. It may evan show it as being spot on so you wont have to mess with the engine

4. nic_ape Forum Member

Top stuff guys, much appriatiated. If thats the case then sod it i'll stick it on the rolling road. I was a bit worried when i bought it coz the tappets were vry noisy but after a good belting down the motorway all the way to 69.9 (lol) it seemed to recover so i dunt think thats anything to worry about, or is it?

5. nic_ape Forum Member

also do u know of any rolling roads in my area (south wales)?

6. rajmirch Forum Member

cant help with the RR as im in London!!! ;)

Before you go for your next blast, buy a couple of different injection cleaning/petrol/valve treatin products and chuck em all in the tank. That way at least one of em should help [:o)]