1.9 dx to 2.0

Discussion in '8-valve' started by will87cab, Oct 23, 2011.

1. will87cab New Member

Hi guys

I am in the middle of rebuilding a rebored 1.9 dx engine and have been looking at putting
    a larger crank in to up the cc. Have found i can change from a 86.4 to a 92.8 mm stroke
    with clearance work to increase cc form 1870cc to 2008cc. Anyway what i want to know is
    if i just swap the crank wont the piston stick out of the block by 3.2mm if this is the case how do you get round this and what clearance work is needed.

2. danster Forum Addict

The pistons designed to run with the 2.0, 92.8mm stroke crank have a lower compression height than the 1.8, 86.4mm stroke crank.

Compression height is the distance from the centre of the gudgeon pin to the piston crown.

You will toil to fit a 2.0 crank to your block and use your existing pistons.

3. will87cab New Member

Thanks guys so its not a easy up grade thought it might of been cheap way of uping cc as its all ready
    a 1.9 and ive got a 2E crank in the garage as i was looking at the bore & stroke list chris had put together. So if i wanted to do it i would need to source a new set of 83 mm pistons with a lower gudgeon pin to piston crown height if they are even availible.