1300 Carb Problem

Discussion in '8-valve' started by eamon1.3, Oct 14, 2006.

1. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Finally found out where my water leak was coming from and it was from the pipes going into the auto choke on the carb (peiburg 2e or something like that?) But when i took the pipes off part of the auto choke casing came with it, So the case is now useless.

So whats my options?? Could you get this part new? dout ecp or gsf would do it though.
    Or is my best bet to go to a scrap yard, although carbed VWs arent a common site in scrapyards around here.

Or should i look for a second hand webber? If so which one?

thanks guys

2. Phil. Forum Junkie

Eamonn, call Ken at ABA VW Ballynahinch. 028 9756 4459 .

I was down there this morning grabbing a few things for my bro's Mk2 track car and Im sure there was a near complete 1.3 carb Mk2 there.

3. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Cheers Phil, on his website there, ill give him a buzz on monday morning and see what he has.
    Got it fixed up for a while, conected to two water pipes together with about 12 inches of rubber pipe and wraped that around the choke housing, same princple, just a lot less efficent, still works, but for how long???

By the way saw you the other morning, Thursday i think, was coming down Finaghy towards Balmoral/Stockmans and caught a climpse of a big bumpered white wheel'd five door goin under the bridge, looked surprising well with the steels, very 'track ****'

4. Phil. Forum Junkie

aye that was me, I'm working down Boucher Road again and I've lost the company car so the golf is the daily hack til I can find a nice valver, then the 8v comes off the road for a while.

glad you got the carb sorted.