16 valve KR won't start

Discussion in '16-valve' started by purton, Nov 23, 2009.

1. purton New Member

I've changed the fuel lines and injectors on my car for second hand ones started fine ran really well better than before, stopped for 2hours started and drove fine then stopped again for 15 mins started fine, then stopped for 5 mins engine nice and warm and it wouldn't start as if there was no life in the battery. Managed to push it and get it going ran fine for 20 mins stopped for half hour and started fine drove home parked up overnight.
    The next morning tried starting no life in battery and wouldn't start on a push.

So I've changed battery loads of life and car is turning but no fire or attempted to fire.
    So checked all earths fine, checked for a spark fine, can smell fuel when it turning and on all plugs and can't see any breaks in wires anywhere. Also had it tuned and setup about 3 weeks ago changed the fuel filter a week ago and plugs oil and filter a month and a half ago.

My old man had a similar problem with his 2.0 petrol T4 van years ago found out it was a pressure switch, so could it be the cold start valve or the thermotime switch?

Please help its doing my f***ing head in![:x]

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if you have fuel and a spark then the only thing left is compression. have you checked the timing?

3. purton New Member

Timimg was checked when i had it tuned. The thing is that it was running perfect before i parked it up. If I take of the plug going to the cold start valve will it still start also if i take the thermotime switch off will it start if there is something wrong with either of these switches could that cause it not to fire?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah but something might have happened, maybe dizzy not done up tight (I've done that!) or belt jumped a tooth. well worth checking the basics before you get too involved in it. if unplugging 5th inj helps then either cold start system is bust (stuck closed circuit or something) or you have leaky injectors.

checkl the temp sensor wiring on side of head as well, make sure non of the wires have come off.