16 valves in to a scirocco

Discussion in '16-valve' started by richlyons, Jun 8, 2011.

1. richlyons Forum Member

hi,
    im off to pick up a new scirocco over the week end to go with my other one :)
    i have a kr engine in my garage that was going in to the first rocco (1.8 8v carb) on bike carbs, mega jolt, ect.... but i have now decided to go another way with that.

i now have the kr engine doing nothing, the rocco im off to get is a 1.8 8v injected so what is needed when going from a 1.8 8v kjet to a 1.8 16v kjet?

i have the 16v inlet manifold and tb, just no 16v injection system (airbox,loom,injectors....)

any help would be great guys :)

rich

2. mk216vrick Forum Member

3. richlyons Forum Member

so how did you get on?

did you run the 9a on the 8v gear? if so was it fine?
    i think the 8v injectors are smaller than the 16v ones? i seam to remember that from when my raddo was playing up...

4. Tamiya New Member

Just wanted to say that if you come to the point of looking for 16V K Jet Injection lines, it seems that Crazy Quiff is seriously thinking of making new parts available from the original OEM VAG supplier. More info here:

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236620

If you want the Scirocco ones, you have to tell him.

John

5. mk216vrick Forum Member

car is still in pieces, but i went and sourced a ce1 16v engine loom, ecu and isv controller that goes behind centre console and 9a metering head. So may go this route, but im actually looking for a new EV engine just to get it on the road as i have a mk2 16v daily and 1 year old, so time and money is limited. I will watch this thread though. Good luck.