16v ABF inlet centres

Discussion in '16-valve' started by F2 Stu, Jan 7, 2010.

1. F2 Stu Forum Member

Without going outside and dismantling my airbox in the freezing cold & darkness, can anybody firm up what the inlet centres on an ABF head? I think its something like 88mm or 86mm but cannnot remember.

Thanks!

2. Admin Guest

88mm and am 100% on that, what do you need it for?

3. F2 Stu Forum Member

excellant, glad my greymatter is working :)

I'm drawing up a profile to be jetted out of ally for my DTH bodies so goes 90-88-90 :)

Thanks!

4. danster Forum Addict

I thought the runner centres were all 88mm myself but that is only 1mm out in casting variation to give what you say i suppose.

5. F2 Stu Forum Member

On my DTH bodies the inlet side is definatly 90mm spacings, so I guess if you even out the difference over No.1/No.2 & No.3/No.4 the spacing between No.2 & No.3 would be 86mm in theory.

6. danster Forum Addict

That would be correct for the throttle bodies spacing as they are 90mm which is the same as weber dcoes.
    Those dimensions are not the same as the heads inlet port spacing though. 88mm for the head flange and angle the pipes ever so slightly to get the correct spacing at the tb flange.
    You need to splay the centres of manifold runners 2 and 3 at the tb flange to allow for the interlink / balance lever if i remember correctly.

7. F2 Stu Forum Member

I've drilled out a backplate for a filter that bolted on fine no probs so the flange will be no different if I've got my dims right, just coulden't remember the centres for decimate.