16V ABF lower output at full throttle

Discussion in '16-valve' started by d.lus, Feb 19, 2012.

1. d.lus New Member

A couple days ago I've found that ABF (mine is Digi 3.2 swapped from SEAT Toledo) output is lower at full throttle rhat at partially open (about 80% of full). The same thing came at my friend's Golf2 ABF (swapped from Golf3) and at Golf3 ADD (Mexico-spec 1.8 8V at Digifant).

Feels like it doesn't get enought fuel for that amount of air at fully open throttle. First thing we thought are injectors but they're about 210-215cc so that would be enough for stock ABF.
    So we came up to that ecu fuel mapping as there's nothing left to restrict.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

how are you measuring this, also what fuel pump setup do you have? maybe its time for an upgrade

3. d.lus New Member

How are we measuring lowering power output? Well, by feelings - it accelerates better with part throttle.
    I've got OE 3bar Pierburg fuel pump.

4. rubjonny

right, have the diagnostics got anything to say, check the measuring blocks as well as the error codes. have all the vac lines been changed especially the one from ecu. try disconnecting the carbon canister pieps and cap off the throttle body, see if that helps

5. d.lus New Member

Still can't get my friends' laptop with battery that hoplds at least 30 minutes :)
    Yep, all vac.lines have been replaced (already got troubles with the "manifold-ecu" line).
    Mayby I just disconnect the carbon canister valve connector?

6. rubjonny

if you suspect that unplug it from the throttle body and cap off the connection. if car runs much better you know there is an issue with it. i think all mk3 valves are the same so it shouldnt be hard to get another one if its a legal requirement to have a working carbon canister setup in your country