16v cold start

Discussion in '16-valve' started by gti Pl, Jun 6, 2011.

1. gti Pl New Member

Hello
    I've just become an owner of GTI, propably with the PL engine, or maybe it's something else?

[​IMG]

Everything works fine except starting the engine in the morning, I have to operate the starter for a longer time than usually to make it start.

The CSV connected directly to the battery, sprays an even cone shaped spray. With the bulb connected to the black wire in CSV's plug, when i operate the starter, the bulb lights for about 2 seconds. I guess that means the thermo-time switch is fine. But if i operate the starter with the CSV disconnected from the manifold - nothing happens.

I also noticed, that somebody must have removed the warm-up regulator (or there was no warm-up regulator in the PL engine at all? anybody?), because one of the fuel distributor outputs is closed, and there's no sign of any warm-up regulator anywhere.

Thanks for any help

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah thats a pl, the wur is removed and replaced with al elecrtricy unit, you can see it just to the side of the airbox. cant really offer much help though as i dont really know anythign about the pl setup. probably easier to get info from a euro or vwvortex forum as they're more common in euro/us

us bentley may help too:
    http://www.race.nangreaves.com/golf/index.htm