16v conversion Help needed ASAP

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Stone0311, May 23, 2009.

1. Stone0311 New Member

Recently finished my 16v conversion in my Mk1 Cab using the engine from my corrado, it was running sweet, started straight off the key and idled lovely just as it had always done in my other car (Its got the complete setup with ISV etc).

Since having the engine in it has run sweet however i havent had chance to drive it due to work needed for the MOT, however i then had to replace my fuel lines as one had split, finished that today and started it up...............

Started sweet as usual BUT After 5-10mins of idleing lovely it just cut out, i went to restart it and it took a while but then started and now idles at around 3K!
    Tried it a few times but each time its a pig to start and then idles the same (3K)

Has anybody any ideas? have to sort this out as i have my MOT on Tues morning

Cheers

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  3. Stone0311 New Member

jamesa2 pretty sure the ISV isnt the problem, i have checked it and its wired in and running fine.