16v inlets and exhaust cams

Discussion in '16-valve' started by dubatron, Mar 14, 2004.

1. dubatron New Member

16v mk2 if i got a machined chain wheel would the exhaust cam go straight in place of the inlet cam? would i have to use the bearing caps and the tappets from the donor engine? and the bigger inlet manifolds do you use the upper and the lower parts or just the upper? i have seen an audi 80 2.0 16v with k-jetronic at a breakers just wundered weather anything could be used, any advice wud be great.

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

take the whole engine if its 2.0...use the upper and lower 50 mm inlet manifold

3. dubatron New Member

nice one cheers wot about this exhaust cam thing tho? :p

4. pigbladder Forum Addict

dunno mate....have a seach on vwvortex forums,they seem keen on it

5. Joe_G Forum Member

You can use a KR exhaust cam as an inlet cam in a KR engine if you have the chainwheel machined. It makes the torque delivery slightly less peaky and is a good cheap mod.

It's not as much good on a 2 litre tho and the best thing in that is just the standard KR cams.

Get the whole engine from the Audi, slot it in your 16v and you're looking at 170BHP with the KR cams.

Joe

6. flusted Forum Member

7. dubatron New Member

cheers, where can i go about getting an exhaust cam from as ive looked all over and it seems there like rocking horse poo,
    so your saying 2.0 cams wud be no gud in a 1.8? wot about the 2.0 inlet would it be the 50mm or not, not sure if i'll be able to afford 2.0 lump got to watch the pennies at the moment. :thumbd:

8. flusted Forum Member

Be careful. the audi manifold has throttle bodie in the middle of manifold which is completly different to golf.

it would probaly be a 42mm 1 anyway.the zorst cams are identical 2l or 1.8 but the 2l inlet cam is crap due less lift and duration changed for lower emissions

9. dubatron New Member

ah well if there identical i'll get one then, just need a chain wheel for it then am laffin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. dubatron New Member

any one no what kind of horse power figure it would take it up to? wot hp are they standard?

11. flusted Forum Member

A chap on corrado forum has it done with exhaust and filter and he got 154bhp on rollers.standard is 139bhp but its not just the power its the way the car feels a lot livelier