16v KR Exhaust manifolds.

Discussion in '16-valve' started by gary_k, May 9, 2005.

1. gary_k Forum Member

I'm after some info on The Supersprint stainless exhaust manifold for my 1.8 16v MK2 Golf. I ordered one off the net and they told me it was designed for a left hand drive car and it might not fit. [:^(] Has anyone got one on a right hand drive car, is it ok or is there another good quality manifold i could use instead. The engine spec is standard bottom end. Ported head, kent cams Twin Weber 45s Alpha mapable ignition.
    Thanks for any help. I need to get it sorted ASAP.

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Have you tried fitting it? I heard the same from motorsportworld when I enquired about the SuperSprint 16v manifold. Didn't bother with it in the end.

3. gary_k Forum Member

I havent got it yet. It was motorsportworld who i ordered it with. They have put it on hold until i find out if it will fit or if there is another make i can use.
    [:s]

4. daveybwoy Forum Member

TSR manifolds are made for RHD

5. gary_k Forum Member

Are they any good? Do they match up to most exhaust systems?

6. wussel Forum Member

The TSR manifolds are good. The go to a 2.25" bore if I remember rightly (Might be 2" though), so will attach to other systems easily. I had to get a reducer pipe from Jetex for my 2.5 system. If I was really keen I should of chopped the end off the TSR manifold so I had a 2.5" system right through, but thought I better leave it as they designed it, I don't think i really need the full flow capacityof 2.5"on my 1.8 anyway.