16v (KR)

Discussion in '16-valve' started by caddyboy, Jul 28, 2004.

1. caddyboy New Member

I've been offered a pair of Kent Cams (285's) for my 1.8 16v, with verniers for 300, is this worth it? They were made from blanks, not re-profiled, I also have a really nice spare head to fit them into & getr ported etc.will it make much difference?

Also as my engine is in my Caddy pickup I was wondering if an Ashley exhaust manifold would be worth the money?

If it makes any difference 've already got a 50mm inlet manifold. [:s]
    Edited by: caddyboy

2. shaft69 Forum Member

If you go onto kent site they say anything over 258/264 will req modified inj system as there sport cams, poss will have poo bottom end and good at high revvs, so dont no what it be like with standard inj. Is your inj system modded or standard?

3. wussel Forum Member

I have got the TSR/Kent reground 258/264 cams on a standard 1.8 16v and they are fine. It behaves just like it did on the standard KR cams, but with an extra kick above 4000. 285's are quite wild and maybe too much for a basicly standard 1.8 16v. Other people with more experiance of modding 1.8 16vs will know more than me.