16v WUR onto 8v

Discussion in '8-valve' started by millsy20, Aug 30, 2010.

1. millsy20 New Member

I have a 16v WUR that I took of my engine to fit carbs and was just wondering if it will work on my other cars 8v engine.

Rich

2. dogzila Forum Member

Works fine mine:)

3. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Yep, I have one on mine.

It's an improvement on the 8v WUR insofar as you can adjust the pressure via the allen screw on the rear, it can be tricky if you want to connect the vac advance as this fouls the oil filter on the 8v, this can be overcome by mounting the 16v WUR upside down.

You also need longer mounting bolts as the 16v WUR has a thicker body than the 8v item

4. Mike_H Forum Addict

Mine was mounted upside down, (which works fine) before the MegaSquirt Conversion and is now on the other car. Use a T-Piece to tap into one of the other 8mm(?) ID vac lines around the Inlet Manifold and TB.

Mine ran a lot richer without being adjusted, subsequent tweaking was only for fine tuning.

5. millsy20 New Member

Ok cheers for the info ill get it on at some point. Ive got the original bolts for the 16v WUR are these the same size as the ones for the 8v.

Rich

6. Mike_H Forum Addict

I can't remember for sure, but I think the 16v ones are longer, so have a compare and probably use them.