16vg60 engine build

Discussion in 'INA Engineering' started by daniboy1_2_3, May 10, 2013.

1. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Hi there im looking for some pistons that would be suitable for use in a 16vg60 kr engine and wondered if you might be able to help? Im thinking of having the block bored out to 1.9litres. Thanks.

2. INA

INA Forum Member

Hello
    I assume based on you asking about 1.9L's that you are staying with the 86.4mm stroke crankshaft. Typically people when changing Pistons on the 1.8L motor they also stroke it , using a 92.8mm crank from an ABF , 9A or similar.
    That being said 82.5mm bore pistons are available and off the shelf. 83mm bore however would be a custom piston as there isnt an off the shelf piston available in 83 x 86.4mm
    83mm x 86.4mm = 1870cc
    82.5mm bore x 86.4mm = 1847cc

Custom pistons = $655 USD + shipping
    off the shelf units = $595 USD + shipping
    HTH

3. Brian.G

Brian.G Forum Member

Thats a great price for custom items, must keep in mind,

B.

4. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Hi there, im pretty new to the engine building and dont know much about increasing the stroke. How would this improve the performance of the engine? more torque?. Basically im looking to build the best block i can as a solid starting point and would consider all the options if they would improve the engine. How would you recommend i build it for the best results?

5. INA

INA Forum Member

Typically more displacement = more torque/hp off boost but I have yet to see a dyno comparing the 2. Eventually when we get our engine dyno running I will do a 1781cc vs 2008cc vs 2067cc bottom ends with the same head and turbo set up and then see how they really compare.
    If you are looking to build the best block then go 2.0 right off the bat. Does not make sense working with a non bubble block.

6. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

So would you say a 9A engine would be my best starting point then? Ill be using a G60 supercharger, does this take kindly to the extra displacement would you think?.

7. INA

INA Forum Member

Honestly I am no longer a fan of the 827 blocks. If it was left up to me and I was building a 2.0 16V G60 I would try using a 1.8T block and going from there but if you have to , why not use the ABF motor as a good base?

8. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Would be interested to see your dyno result from those engines. There must be a point in terms of increasing displacement when supercharging an engine where it becomes inefficient. Have you built many supercharged engines?

9. INA

INA Forum Member

I have built a few yes.