17" ALLOYS

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by GEE60, Jan 23, 2004.

1. GEE60 New Member

WILL 17" FIT A MK2 GOLF WITH STANDARD ARCHES (BIG BUMPER MODEL) THAT ARE NOT ROLLED? THE CAR HAS BEEN DROPPED 40mm TOO. I DONT WANT THE WHEELS TO SCRAPE ON THE INNER ARCHES OR BRAKES/SUSP, SO IM BETTER OFF GOING FOR 16s OR EVEN 15s. I KNOW THE OFFSET IS ET35 AND PCD 4/100. CHEERS FOR ANY HELP.

2. Madbloke Forum Member

In a fashion ---- with just you in the car you should be alright but once you get any weight in the car (ie 1 person in the back) it will start to rub on the rears ---- you realistically do need to get the arches rolled or cut to be on the safe side

16" should go on no probs without rubbing

3. GEE60 New Member

CHEERS MADBLOKE. THINK ILL OPT FOR 16s THEN

4. Pike Forum Member

I had 17's on a MKII CL that was dropped 40mm and no arch mods without any problems, but I believe the GTI's a 10mm or so lower to start off with

5. Madbloke Forum Member

It depends on the alloy, offset as well as tyre as some have diff sholders etc. Mine rubbed more with eagle f1's than it does with Toyos.

Mines lowered 70mm and on 17's it was rubbing with two of us in it taking it easy --- so 40mm with someone in the back on a backroad giving it some will I would suggest be rubbing.

6. coullstar Forum Member

Take the CAPS of!!!