1800 KR with CBR900 - jet size?

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by demi, Sep 12, 2014.

1. demi New Member

Hi,

As the topic says I'm building an 1800 KR with CBR900 carbs and I'm wondering about what size of jet's you are running on your setups ?

I'm going to drill out 1.4mm at first try and then move up if that doesn't work.

All help with jet sizes needed !

2. Lhasa2008 CGTI Regional Host

I believe most 2.0 16v engines run 1.8 jets, so I would agree starting with 1.4mm and move up if needed.

3. G28OPN Forum Member

My jet sizes were 1.8 which were on a 2.0 abf using R1 carbs. Seemed ok but never properly tested.
    As above, better to start low and work your way up.

4. demi New Member

Yeah, think I'll start with 1.4 and test that out, what is the main problem with finding the right jet size? adjusting the idle ? the mixture on high revs ?

5. Lhasa2008 CGTI Regional Host

make sure you can check co level/mixture, a lean mixture can cause the usual pinking and potential engine damage etc

6. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Can you buy, borrow a wideband for tuning with?.

7. demi New Member

Totally forgot about how much it matters for the health of the engine to have the mixture not too lean and not too rich, wouldn't it be enough to have an lambda sensor near the outlet of the engine to see if I have the correct mixture ?
    This is my first engine build up but I have an bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering so that I have a little clue on how to do all this ;)

8. Lhasa2008 CGTI Regional Host

An exhaust co meter should be fine to get you initially up and running, then try and get your motor on a rolling road for a proper check. :thumbup:

9. KeithMac Forum Junkie

http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?categoryID=87

Buy a ZT-3, only 160 and invaluble for road tuning, I've owned a Zt-2 for 10 years and it's been faultless. Tuned my 16v60 and my GTO-tt with it.

Datalogging software is free too and comes with it.

Best tool you can buy, I leave mine in full time just to keep and eye on things..

demi likes this.
  10. demi New Member

Thank you for this KeithMac

11. 8volly New Member

You cannot properly tune without a wideband you'll just be ****ing into the wind. just because it 'feels' ok doesnt mean your not running 12:1 cruise and getting mad bore wash lol