180bhp Leon Cupra - Engine Light (again!)

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Vento Mike, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Wacked the leon on vag com after replacing the n75 boost control valve to reset the fault and the fault had been replaced with "fuel trim too lean" or smthn similar. After re setting it the car went well again...well for about a day. What do people think the problem is now, I'm gonna book it in at the stealer next week but would like to have an idea...i was thinking along the lines of lambda or maf?
    Edited by: Vento Mike

2. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

log MAF readings... too lean most likely cause under reading MAF... very very very very common m8

if std 140-160g/s, if chipped ~180g/s

if shangged struggling to make just over 100g/s

its reporting lean fuel trim cos more air is entering than it thinks.. lambda's reading it fine most likely, just MAF says 100g/s and maybe 140g/s going in... trims try to adjust for actual a/f ratio but MAF reading has corresponding fuel with it, which is'nt enough as its under reading.

3. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

very helpfull, thanks mate [:D]

Standard, non chipped :)

4. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

If I replace the maf will I just need to reset the fault again using vag-com or is there more to it than that?