1984 k-jet vacuum system differences??? Help!!

Discussion in '8-valve' started by STU175, Mar 1, 2011.

1. STU175 New Member

Hi all hope some one can help me

just recently fitted replacement engine to my mk1 and have noticed that the vacuum system seems to be connected different on both engines?

the engine i took out did not have a carbon canister or the 2 valves that mount to suspension turret.

the engine i installed has the two valves but no carbon canister.

i have been trying to study photos online but can never quite make out where they all go and is hard to find 2 photos connected the same ????:dontknow:

i found this diagram but because i dont have a carbon canister how is best to connect it all up? as vw intended or different

[​IMG]

do i need the 2 valves? and there is a yellow vacuum tube coming from a valve mounted to the airbox, where is that fed??????

lots of questions but im still figuring these mk1's out at the moment so please HELP!!!

thanks stu

2. alexisblades99 Forum Member

The two valves are for idle speed control, as far as I know. I only have one on my car, but it clicks on when the revs drop below 700rpm, and off again when they rise above 1500 with the throttle closed.