1999 Seat Cupra 20vt

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by sports racer, Sep 6, 2016.

1. sports racer Forum Member

I'm looking at buying a project car and I need some info.

It's a 19999 Seat Cupra which used to have a BJX Polo motor running a crappy water/air intercooler that failed and destroyed the motor. Now its got an AGU with a K03s and needs a proper intercooler to get it running again.

Can anyone recommend an air to air intercooler that will fit the Cupra? I dont mind some cutting and fabricating but I dont want something that stands out like the proverbial. I want this car to be quick but look pretty standard and if I put on VW Polo badges no-one here in Australia will know the difference.

Its running an Adaptronic (Aussie) aftermarket computer but the owner recommends replacing this with something more user friendly. Is it worthwhile going back to an original VW ECU or should I stay aftermarket but a better product than the Adaptronic?

What sort of power should I expect and what mods do people do to these motors to get more power and torque? I dont want to go mad but I do love a car that has a lot of torque.

Cheers

Paul

[​IMG]

[​IMG]