2.0 T engine strength?

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Bender Unit, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Bender Unit New Member

When I am done with my current engine build i was going to turn my attention to the Golf. I was just wondering what sort of powet the stock 2.0T engine car take? I just need to weigh up whether i can get the power i want off the standard internals or if its worth me building the engine up with forged internals etc. How strong are the rods/crank/pistons etc?

Also can anyone tell me if the 2.0T engine uses the same engine mounts as a 1.8 as fitted to my GF's mk3? Just so i can get an idea of what work is actually needed. I am aiming for a total sleeper (badged VW Driver with around 300bhp)

Sorry if these seem daft questions, I havent played with VW's at all mainly concentrating on Japanese.

Regards

James

2. VR6Will Forum Member

2.0T or you mean 1.8T,

The audi s3 has 225bhp out the factory, the 225bhp engines i beleive have stronger internals than the 150/180bhp engines,

Richgit has just had his mapped and is not far off 300bhp with stock internals, he is using DTA management tho,

3. madmk4 Forum Member

The later Audi TT 225bhp 1.8 20vt rods are treated differently after casting and have a smaller small end diameter, compared to the 150 rods if I remember correctly.

4. Bender Unit New Member

>>2.0T or you mean 1.8T<<

Arse - yup 1.8 thats what i meant - sorry not very clued up on the VW's.

I may consider rebuilding the engine as 300 on stock internals isnt much. Will this 1.8 turbo fit into the mk3 using the same mounts etc?

Regards

James