2" Dimple Die Wanted

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by tom.rich, Jun 8, 2014.

1. tom.rich Forum Member

Hey guys,

Not a 'wanted' thread per se, but I'd like some advice if possible please?

The holes I have made are 2".

Am I correct in assuming it would be a 2" dimple die I would require for these holes, or would I upsize to 2 and a quarter or something?

Would it be a ******* to use a dimple die for a panel with another skin behind it in close(ish) proximity?

And finally does anyone have a good source for them besides the ones on eBay at the moment?

Not that they look bad at all and the prices look reasonable, don't get me wrong.

Just curious really and I have nothing better to do on a Saturday at midnight than think about shell prep [:$]

Any help appreciated, thanks :thumbup:

2. Dormeister Forum Member

http://www.frost.co.uk/sheet-metal-hole-flares.html

Not cheap mind . . . . .

Unless there is reasonable access for your arm. You might find the easiest way is to cut out the offending panel, hole saw & flare it, the weld it back in.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  3. tom.rich Forum Member

Argh that's what I was afraid of mate, C pillars etc are fairly inaccessible as the 2 skins are pretty close to each other and there's no way of getting in from behind... without chopping it out and welding it back in as you say :(

Didn't realise they actually made the hole as well as flaring it though - That's awesome [:D]

Will give the hole saw a rest for a bit haha :thumbup:

4. Dormeister Forum Member

Just chop out the inner skin completely. Its purpose is redundant once you have installed the rollcage. Same with the inner skin on the 'B' Pillar.

5. tom.rich Forum Member

I like this [:D] Good call man :thumbup:

6. Dormeister Forum Member