2 litre Bora ?

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by stella, Nov 4, 2008.

1. stella

stella Forum Junkie

What can you tell me about these? Good or bad points.

I'm keeping the Mk2, but am going to see the Bora next week. I was told it's for sale by a chap from our region club who does the servicing. Don't know much else about it yet, other than being black and the timing belt's just been changed.

I'm looking for a daily driver (with a bit more comfort - and heat!), so wondering if this might be a good bet.

2. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

what year and spec?

3. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

I have a bora 130tdi as a daily and I like it a lot - loads of space for stuff, cheaper to buy than a golf, nice motor

4. SirGeekalot Forum Member

had a 2.0 se back in NI.. the spec was good and the power output quite impressive for the size of the car and an 8v engine.

didn't really have any complaints, in fact, if had the cash, i'd happily have another one..

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

Bora's are great cars, don't get the 2.0 imo, feels totally asthmatic and dull - my friend drove a 2.0 and the 1.6 (16v) and went for the 1.6 - engine was a much nicer driving experience. I would get a TDI over both the petrol one's though.

great looking cars too

6. stella

stella Forum Junkie

I don't have much money and this is going at 2.5K, which is about the max I can afford.

I think its Y-reg and relatively low mileage - about 60K.

Although I don't mind the Bora, the 2 litre petrol is not the model I'd go for by choice, but bearing in mind I'm buying another old car, at least I know this one has been cared for, and serviced by someone I know.

Downside it is not the best of the bunch, and it'll cost 260 in tax after next year. But I could go for a better model and not know its history.

I'll know better, of course, once I've seen and driven it. Just looking to find out if there's anything really scary that I should know.

7. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

2nd one down, V5 with VWSH.... for 2000!!!! great time to buy second hand cars, prices have plumeted

trader search

8. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

For 2.5k you could get a better spec bora with a lower mileage to be honest. They are very cheap at the moment.

9. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

why not get an Audi A4?

10. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

audi a4's do seem to be the bargain buy at the moment.

11. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

i would get a tdi every time, for that money you could get a 115bhp PD one easily. it would have more miles but they love to do miles. my old mk4 had 197k on it when I sold it and it was going like a trooper, plus the fuel econ was very good.