2 ltr golf 8v supercharger????

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by lockdog, Jan 22, 2004.

1. lockdog Forum Member

alright, was just wondering if its possible to supercharge a mk3 gti 8v? I spoke to somebody and they recon its pretty straight forward, but i dunno about that. they recon just bolting on a g60 supercharger will be fine [:s]. i dunno me so thats why im asking. so any help on the subject, price? ease? watever...

Cheers

Lockdog

2. Enigmatik33 Forum Member

I think neuspeed do bolt on kits for the mk3 in LHD form but doesn't fit RHD. to get decent gains i'd have thought u'd have to lower compression, either through spacer plate or pistons.

3. lockdog Forum Member

yeah i seen them, but i dont have a lhd unfortuanlly, well im quite pleased it isnt :p

anybody else know if a g60 supercharger bolts on to a gti 8v

4. RoyF18 Forum Member

It won't happen in a hurry or very easily. Depending on your mechanical abilities you might be able to get it to fit, but I wouldn't think the G60 is an ideal 'charger for the mk3 2.0 engine; I think there would be better options out there, but don't expect a straight forward bolt-on kit (correct me someone if I'm wrong). Lowering compression ratio would be another thing I'd consider to be of importance. Also you'd need to think about the strength of the bottom end for when you put more power through it.