200k miles g60

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by russ1991, May 20, 2011.

1. russ1991 New Member

Hi im looking for a corrado and have seen a 1993 k reg g60 with 200,000 miles on the clock that has had the charger rebuilt recently but the owner doesnt know if its ever had a engine rebuild was just wondering if you guys know how long they can last without a rebuild and how much should i be looking at to pay it. Its got good body work allround with no signs of rust and the interior is also good.
    Thanks

2. mk1 valver

mk1 valver Forum Member

I wouldn't TBH without knowing its history unless you get it at an absolute bargain, and I am talking 1k or less.
    G60's don't hold their value as well as VR6', and I managed to get mine for 1.5k in really good condition, Koni coilovers, Magnex cat back, BMC cda, Magnecore leads etc.

As a comparison there was a G60 for sale near me recently that was going for the same price roughly.
    G60 advert

3. bobski Forum Member

id only buy it if it was cheap as chips ...with no history on engine could go anytime...but on the otherhand it might go on forever....not a g60 but my first mk2 gti 16v was bought with no history came with 189k on clock and i ran it till 270k only ever getting new discs and pads and timming belt plus a few oil changes along the way and i sold it on for 600 notes .....but then i did only pay 800 for it ...so was cheap enough if engine was buggerd could stick another one in ...but id look about plenty out there and plenty with history