20v N/A. Fueling options??

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Hotgolf, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

Right here it is.

I have aquired a 20v n/a engine for the right money and I am going to build the head onto my 2042cc abf block.
    Crank is lightened/balanced and knife-edged. Flywheel the same. Head will be fully ported etc etc.

Question is, I'm doing this on a budget and don't really want to be spending big money on throttle bodies or stand alone management ( i know my options are now limited) but what other options do I have to run this on.

I was thinking of mk2 digi, or g60 management as I have an ecu and a laod of other stuff here, and I can make my own manifold and fuel rail.
    Or there is the option of carbs.

What do you think?? :p

2. edc1 Forum Member

You can get GSXR750/1000 on 2000+ bodies, injectors, rail around the 100, add a carb manifold and you've got most of it for less than 300

3. NormanCoal Forum Member

I have seen a N/A 20V run on digifant, with motorbike TB's. PM me if you want some more details on the TB side of things

4. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

As has been said, GSXR bodies are easily had for reasonable money, I paid 70 quid for mine on ebay, that was with the injectors/rail and wiring harness, none of which I'm actually going to use. The bodies are 42mm in diameter at the throttle plate, which should be enough, although they may not be ideal if you want a really peaky high revving engine. Fabbing up a manifold shouldn't be too difficult, you can adjust the spacing between the bodies easily to line them up with the port spacing of the head, all you need to do then is chop up an old lower manifold section and weld on some runners.

ITB's will need management based around a MAP sensor/TPS, so digi2 is out, but digi1 will work although it needs a remap, look on the vortex for info. Other options are the Pug ECU that's been mentioned on here before and Chipwizards, or a cheap standalone system like Megasquirt. I'm going for Megasquirt personally, it looks like it'll be interesting to build and tune, and it's just staggering the things it can do with the combined programming input of an entire community behind it.

5. edc1 Forum Member

Do your homework on the bodies, they are not all the same size and design. Email me for more info as I've been collecting info on these from various places of late.