24v DBW

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by swiftkid, Apr 24, 2014.

1. swiftkid New Member

Basically I'm doing a 24v engine conversion into my corrado, I have the floor mounted pedal from the donor car but I would really prefer to put the other type in. I have heard from other peoples experience that you can't simply pick a DBW pedal and use it, does anyone know if you can mix and match certain pedals or if its ECU specific? The engine I have is an Audi A3 3.2 BDB engine.

2. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aye you can run into problems with this mixing and matching the pedal's

3. swiftkid New Member

Yea I know you can't just pick any old DBW pedal but just wondering if there are any that are compatible

4. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

he could do but i think it's a bit of a minefield if i rember Audi's use a diffrent setup to vw and even vw use different throttle position sensor for diffrent cars
    mine has a different one to a R32 for example

oburT6RV or Kevin Bacon as he is known on the Corrado forum has been through all this i am sure
    he may see this and post

do a bit of a google search on this and you'll find a few thread of his

5. swiftkid New Member

Yea I've been chatting to him over on the corrado forum, there have been a few bits and pieces I've read from people saying they tried a pedal and it didn't work but then got the right pedal for the engine. Can't seem to find any real investigation into which pedals can go with which engine or what the pedal looks for in order for it to work properly.

I've googled it quite a bit and found no real answers, had a look through the wiring diagrams and think I'm going to go to scrapyard and get a couple of pedals to try.