28 hours till my car insurnace comes in :)

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by David Number 2, Aug 1, 2006.

1. GolfBryan Forum Member

No way would I pay that for Insurance, I would refuse to drive.

Start off with something more affordable to insure and something you can learn to drive a bit before jumping straight into a valver!

2. GolfBryan Forum Member

Classic :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. David Number 2 Forum Member

afew things to clear up! I didnt start with this car, ive been driving a 1.6 driver for over 10 months, thats how I got into golfs! And also, my parents have given me NOTHING towards it atall, its all me working loads (and 'putting aside' abit of my student loan [:$] ) ive done 12 days straight at H&M for example the past days, and even got a second job for some evenings as a waiter!

Its something ive just worked hard towards, something I can be proud of :)

4 hours guys.

4. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

People may take the pιss but let's face it - most people on here will happily blow that kind of cash in other ways.

5. Unknown Forum Junkie

wait till you buy a house, I've not seen a house yet that is anywhere near as much fun as a 16v Mk2.

Have fun!

6. PzKpfw II Forum Member

What happened to that NU scheme were you pay as you drive (tracker in your car) was'nt that aimed at young drivers? not nice being monitored but am sure the deal was much reduced premiums?

7. bula_82 Forum Junkie

Do you never do anything anyone else thinks is silly?

Uncalled for TBH :thumbd: [:|]

:clap: If thats what you want then go for it - if I could afford in anyway to insure an S3 / R32 then i'd have one by now, but I cant, so I dont [:^(] :lol:

Yeah you are mad (i'd never hope anything bad towards you though!) but you've worked hard for it and now its paying off - go enjoy it! [:D]

8. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl
    agreed

9. David Number 2 Forum Member

30 minutes guys, compiling my crazy concocshun of fast and slightly slower rock/metal music to accompany my journey to err....well I dont know yet.

I spent pretty much nout on anything else, worked nearly everyday of my summer, so if im mad im mad, but to me its well worth it!

thanks for your support guys, much appreciated.

10. David Number 2 Forum Member

right im off.

:)

hopefully will give you an update tommorow!

oh, and its my birthday ;)

cheers

dave.

11. funkbaron Forum Junkie

A very happy Bday mate, and enjoy your first drive in your car[:*:] [:*:] [:*:]

Chat soon!

12. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

hippy birday

(bet he's crashed :lol:)

13. garfayliu Forum Member

Ouch.. I picked up my 16V for a bit more than your quote! I could understand >1k for a super car but I think I'd rather be patient either insuring under my name or start with a low insurance group car.

Did you try getting the insurance with your mum or dad as a named driver? I did it with my gf, now wife and it made a worthwhile difference.

14. theboymike Forum Junkie

Driving a sh*tter for the first year should be a rite of passage for new drivers.. and 1500 for insurance is a bit silly.

Saying that, if you can afford it and are working more to pay for it, fair play - JUST DON'T STACK IT - your premium is high for a reason..;)

15. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

doesnt have to be a ****ter

scirocco GT
    or
    golf mk1 or mk2 drivers

they would be fun enough till u can insure a faster car

16. David Number 2 Forum Member

guys, wow.

no its not wrapped around a tree, its perched safely on my drive. i was out till 3 in the morning, I drove to afew cities around the place, picked up some friends from town, but i did take it fairly easy (sometimes)

the acceleration relative to the 1.6 driver ive been on was amazing for me :) really cool, and having 4 discs around although gave a notable difference. The power steering is a good send, and the handling of the car and its ride, is another thing I noticed.

It was well worth the money and all that friggin time at H and sodding M. Right, im going out again to godknows where :)

cheers guys

Dave

17. theboymike Forum Junkie

Ben - I know it doesn't have to be a sh*tter, although it does help lessen the blow a little when you park it on it's side in some bloke's garden, as I did with my first car [:$]

David - glad to hear everything's still in one piece and you're loving it [8D]

18. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

glad you're enjoying it, but i still think you're an idiot for not waiting 2 months, you could have bought some coilovers orr some nice alloys orrr a rallye front and some recaro's for the amount you would have saved...

each to his own, enjoy!

19. MK2_GUY Forum Member

Hope ya enjoyin it matey! :p glad i could help ya out with a shed load of money off your original quote :lol:

Dave

20. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

well cool mate.. i hope you have fun in it!! you only live once and anyway waiting sucks.. no point getting a damn 1.6 when a 16v is more fun!

so you paying 1500 now? not 1900? who did you go with? that link you put doesnt work :|...

mate have a go getting a quote here: http://www.admiral.com/

Ben