2ltr 8v with carbs

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Stoo the worm, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Stoo the worm New Member

Hi, this may seem an odd question, but can any body tell me which 8v, or 8v head has a forward facing inlet....like the 16v has. As i have a MK1 which i am putting a 2ltr 8v in and want carbs, to give it a stock look but with extra grunt, and i prefer the carbs facing forward rather than to the rear

I have seen it on Jay Lehrmann's 97 vento, (performance VW October 2007). so pressume it to be possibe.

Any help with this will be great.

2. VRSteve Forum Member

think you'll find Jay Lehrmann's 97 vento is a 16v ....??

2.0 8v beetles have x-flow heads, so the carbs face forwards and it'll fit on a 2E block. Performace per pound gains are questionable tho.

3. Stoo the worm New Member

Cheers mate.....i have just double checked and jay's is def a 2.0 8v.
    so it could have a x-flowed head off a beetle. Are there any others that are similar, like a passat or somthing...?

if i was to put a beetle head on my 2ltr block, i could have it worked for some extra pep

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

The 2.0 8v fitted to American Mk3s (and Jay`s `Jetta`, as they refer to them) is a crossflow head. Don`t why there`s was and ours wasn`t.

5. Stoo the worm New Member

oh ok....that makes sense....so if i can get hold of a U.S head, everything would be good, but i guess easier said then done. Or the beetle head like VRSteve suggested.

Thanks guys

6. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

they can be found in a mk4 too