3 wheels on mah wagon..

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by Nordoff, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Driving down road this afternoon and hear a weird grinding noise.
    So I slow down to 20 and figure I'll take it easy to the layby 100ft away.
    The grinding gets much worse followed by the tyre bouncing higher than the car and heading off down the road herbie style.
    I was kinda relieved that happened because it meant nothing expensive was causing the noise, so I pulled in got the wheel back on and drove off again (very very carefully)[:$]
    [​IMG]

Doh!

Luckily no real damage apart from a few small stones stuck in the brake disc and a scratch inside the wheel from the brake disc as the wheel fell off.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  2. dthomas Forum Member

Lucky escape you had there fella! At least theres no real damage done.:thumbup:

3. maxmo

maxmo Forum Member

How comes it came off?

4. 3 Wheels

You're lucky. I was doing 50mph down a country lane and all four wheel nut bolts on the drivers front tyre decided to snap in two, leaving me skidding down the road for about 60metres on my brand new brake disc. Not happy. Couldn't even put the spare wheel on because half the nuts were still in the hub. The recovery bloke had to drag my pride and joy up on to the flatbed. Not happy.

5. salsheikh Forum Member

my motor had wheel nuts come loose and and the wheel came off on a roundabout and screwed up the wheel, disc and brake. luckily, my old mans a mechanic and got it fixed pronto.

6. bob5doors

bob5doors Forum Member

Sweet you'd slowed down mate!
    I don't normally slow off for new noises as I'm so accustomed to them LOL

7. K'Reg Forum Member

You should have applied to Gordon Brown for a rebate on your road tax.....
    3 wheelers only pay 35 per year...:lol: ;)

8. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

that's what the + is for on the stereo!! ;)

9. brina Forum Member

oops have done that befor!! not much fun