4 WD question

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by smokesho, Feb 2, 2004.

1. smokesho New Member

Canada does not have a 4WD model of the golf available. as of yet, we do not even have the S3 available, but we should soon. i know it is either the R32, or the 337 which has AWD, and i believe the S3 does as well.

So, here is my question. is it reasonable to convert a 2wd MK IV to be 4WD, or does this require to much modification to the chassis, frame, suspension. i know some cars are basically a drop-in for the 4 WD, and others have different parts everything, and are absolutely not interchangeable

anyone know this stuff? thanks!

2. AndrewF Forum Addict

be a lot cheaper to wait till they bring out the R32 and trade the 2wd golf up for it.

but yeah, i'd imagine the chassis are completely different.

3. Jamesp4c New Member

Anyone know any more about this?

4. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

None of the cars are a "drop-in", they all need major work. Ask on the forum at www.designadubs.com - 46574 quintillion fractions of an imperial cup has apparently done this to a few cars, using nothing more then superglue, bailing twine, and the holy [​IMG].