6000 unfinished 'show car' mk1

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by Gareth83, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

2. Nordoff Forum Junkie

But doesn't such ****ing unique not use of the return key and subtle masterin of the caps lock button make y' wanna praise the flying spagetti monster?

3. vrbanana Forum Junkie

I’d say the price isn’t bad considering it will (or should be) a finished car by the end of the auction, I don’t think his claims that it’ll be the best will hold much water though

4. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

Well I wont be asking 6k fof my mk1 once I refit the interior and at least I have seen the quality of the work.

Would the seller pay 6k without even seeing something beforehand? I doubt it, so why does the seller expect to sell it for that?

he definitely thinks the glass is half full!!!

5. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Why the hell would someone advertise a work in progress for sale??

Surely you`d finish it first...

6. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

7. vrbanana Forum Junkie

I think it’s just free/cheap advertising to scare up some interest for when it’s finally finished, I don’t think it’s a serious add, yet

8. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

we'll see..............

9. vrbanana Forum Junkie

keep an eye on it

10. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

If its had as much time and care spent on it as he claims, its a good price. If its a quickie to sell on, and it hasnt been properly taken care of, then its just ok. If its a car with a shady past and no history, it begs the question why you would want to restore it to original as none of the finer details are really mentioned.

11. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

What a load or rubbish. I feel patronised reading the block capitals shouting spiel.

Excellent, just what I needed to know, in advance.

Thanks for putting that up in public. At least I know in advance that it'll be pushed back in my face by show politicians, if this car ever gets the sniff of a trophy.

Not good enough I'm afraid - it won't win shows like that.

As above...

Who engineering? Those well known VW fettlers?? Never heard of them, and even if they turn out some stonking BDAs, I've still never heard of them (Tried 'Millington' or Tommy Field? 25k a pop. They do the best rally engines d1ckhead).

I'm sure there's more [xx(] [xx(]

12. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Nobody's got any money at the moment to Buy anyway from the looks of things on E-bay !

i've been watching a few and they have been re-listed 3 times !!

13. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Ive been looking at some items Im after, they just keep getting relisted but without any alteration in price, Ill bide my time, no rush yet

14. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

the items i've been looking at are getting re-listed at a Grand less every time, i'll lay in wait until February before i pounce !! :thumbup:

One's a Tauran started at 10995 its now on its third listing at 7995.00

15. altern8 Forum Junkie

no one else spot they didnt even remove the bumper braket before painting

[​IMG]

16. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I spotted the 'I am' attitude - that was enough.

17. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

I emailed the guy with polite comments.

His response was

'arsehole'

Lol

18. matthew85 Forum Member

His keybored suffers from the "Capslock syndrome"

19. Khyle New Member

It doesn't even look as though it is done that well in my opinion.

20. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

any one see the wreaks to riches on discovery, the 'shop' put one car on e-bay build by build photos as it being made & made it to a show which had E-bay stand at!

he made money on that one, wonder if this guy has seen same show?

I noticed the bumper clip, as I'm missing one!