8v tallblock manifold

Discussion in 'TSR Performance' started by mk2vivs, Apr 25, 2009.

1. mk2vivs Forum Member

I wondered if you have got these in now?i enquired a while ago and they were in the stage of being mocked up i think.Any joy as im interested in one
    cheers Dave

2. Jetta_gx Forum Member

I want one of these too! If you are doing them how much? Cheers Al

3. wfarrell Forum Member

I called TSR a few weeks back -- in order to progress this project, they require the loan of a mk2 with a tall block engine fitted. As i understand it no work has been done since the original post. Sure they would sell loads via this forum.

4. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

is this for a four branch manifold? I have a mk2 with a tall block bottom end (AGG)

5. mk2vivs Forum Member

yip im after a 4 branch of good quality specifically made for a mk2 with a tall block bottom end fitted 2E AGG etc.im pretty sure if tsr had a few done they would deffo have them sold pretty much straight away.

6. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

so how long would tsr need the loan car for?

7. wfarrell Forum Member

Hi G60KG, I will call TSR next week, and enquire how long they'd need a car for.

Regards, Will

8. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

cool, pm me the details and if they would be willing to give me a manifold for my troubles lol

9. wfarrell Forum Member

Hi G60KG/forum members,

I called TSR today -- they are very interested in getting mk2 loan cars (both 8V abd 16V) to enable them to design and develop the exhaust manifold for a tall block engine installation.

Apparently they are getting loads of enquiries about these every day -- understandable when you see that the TSR manifold threads have had over 3000 hits !

Annyhow, TSR would need a car for one week to create the manifold.

They did have a lot of questions about the car (i.e. is it a runner, do you want to drive it home, is it a 16V/8V, RHD etc etc).

I suggested it would be best if you contact TSR directly to discuss -- let me know if this is OK - thanks!

Regards, Will

10. mk2vivs Forum Member

i think there is quite a lot of people now who are doing these 8v conversions using the tall block of many variations fitted or mated to there digifant head or even mk3 head that would be interested in a manifold that fits correctly.Is there any news on anyone willing to take there car?I would do with my brothers but im in leeds so its a bit of a fair hike

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  11. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Anymore on this anyone?

12. Mike_H Forum Addict

Folks, I suggest you ring TSR up, if you want feedback. I find they're very responsive on the phone.

13. TSR Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

we have a customer who is bringing a 2.0 16v mk2 intpo shortly after edition so hopefully we can get the ball rolling with this.