A custom exhaust..?

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by drunkenalan, Feb 13, 2010.

1. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

I have been busy getting the car sorted over the last few weeks and its coming together nicely.

I have small bumpers and its currently wearing a Scorpion DTM back box, not a good look[xx(] as the car is a driver, id like to keep the single pipe look similar to the original exhaust. also it would save cutting out the exhaust cut out. I needs to be a decent size but no too loud.

Any one know of an off the shelf single pipe exhaust for the Mk2? it would be better if i could just bolt it up to the rest of scorpion system.

or any custom exhaust centres in the mids

2. Gaz_b Forum Member

Might be easier to just slash cut the DTM backbox and make it look neater. That's what I'll most likely do to mine at some point, though mine is with big bumpers.

3. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Try searching for your local Longlife centre...as forum sponsors you can take advantage of their Club discount... ;)

4. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

cheers stu ill take a look

5. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

I want a single pipe. my car is a driver not a gti

6. geordiegar Forum Member

Longlife charged me 60 without discount for new tailpipes on my stainless backbox if you want to save time.

7. chrismc Forum Junkie

Supersprint Gp. A is a single pipe backbox....

I should imagine noise levels might be loudish mated to a Scorpion though if my brothers 16v DTM system was anything to go by[:s]

8. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

My brother (Luke W on here) runs the supersprint group A exhaust on his small bumpered mk2, it looks great but my God it's noisey!

9. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

MIJ performance in brum...

10. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

my exhaust is a 16v DTM too. and its stamped 9/91 so its as old as the car! and still in brilliant condition.

11. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

yeah group A exhausts can be LOUD!! a mate had an omp on his GTi it used to set alarms off.

I would prefer subtle over noise any day

12. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

thanks for the tip, any ideas on what prices are like?

13. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

Just a tad!

It is a bit silly that you have to shout to be heard even while it's idling. But then it does have a 4 branch manifold and I opted for the straight through pipe rather than the middle silencer.

If you are interested then this is the system I've got.

14. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

cheers luke ill take a look, it needs to be silenced, i too run a 4 branch but the scorpion system has 2 boxes and its LOUD, not as loud as your seems to be but, i use it daily so i need some refinement!