A few old jems and current money sucker

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by watercooled, May 15, 2021.

1. watercooled Forum Member

Had a long history with VWs but got my first BMW E28 and I was impressed with the build and quality,bought a few as parts cars for peanuts (back then ) sold a heap of parts and built up my old 520I with warmed over 2.7 E motor from a crashed wreck and added 325I head ,chipped ecu and induction,went like the clappers.
    Bought a E39 touring which turned out to be the worst car I had ever owned,I won't tell you the stuff that broke because nobody wants to know including myself that's a non event !!!!.
    Moved to Audi's after that and on my third one now and no regrets had sold both my 944's and purchased a restored roller 1973 914 Porsche set up for 911 six ,an engine which I happened to have in storage for 18yrs .
    Finished the conversion and it is a blast to drive in a very basic way,its loud ,fast and grips the road like chewing gum but as time moves on I may sell it and get a 996 as I think @ my age I'am over old cars ??
    Few pics included,cheers.

Attached Files:

dodgy likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

The 914 has really come into its own.

3. watercooled Forum Member

Yes they have ,prices in the US are climbing @ a steady rate,was once the bastard child but no longer that with many 911 owners have one in the shed.
    Genuine 6 cyl models have gone over the 100K mark for a while now if they are nice original cars.
    My car is rare as it was a special personal import to my country and I believe its the only one as the few that are here are US imports usually from the west coast.