A quick question......

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by SiVWW, Dec 12, 2003.

1. SiVWW Forum Member

I hope someone can help me here urgently.....

( PS, I know this is electrical, but this is my only hope and i need to know the answer withing the next 2 hours..... and it will hopefully get a respone quicker here )

Ive a guy coming out to look at my Vento at later.... hopefully to give me money and take it away ;) but the heater fan has packed in.... and the blower only works on No4 position, full power. Is this a problem with the dash swich ( Mk3 remember ), or is it the same as the problems Mk2's had, and the blower motor needing to be replaced....

Hope someone can help as im running short on time, and as its lashing down outside, i dont want the car to steam up....

Thanks in advance :) :)

2. 800gallons Forum Member

sounds like the resistor pack to me

3. SiVWW Forum Member

Thats in the blower below the dash, isnt it?

4. Andy947 Forum Addict

Yep, defo the resisitor pack, same as the mk2's problem, mine has given up aswell (mk3 in a mk2)

no idea how much they are new though.

5. Andy947 Forum Addict

On, the MK3 the resistor pack clips into the siade of the blower, from emeory its in a different position tot he MK2, its on the right hand side of the unit at the back of the dash.