a week in the life of a golf

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by buzzby, Aug 28, 2004.

1. buzzby Forum Member

Hi

I thought i'd share the last week of my golf with you and my bad luck.

I had the clutch finnaly fixed about 10 days ago and this is the first time the car has worked 100% since i bought it 4 months ago. My god is it fast, need stealth tuning tho.

Any way going to work on friday, booting it down the odd country lane before pulling on to the slow roads of the trading estate. Stop at some lights. Whats that smoke!

Is that steam?

oh FFS what is wrong with the car now. Only have less than 1/4 mile left to work so pull into car park, check oil temp 114C.

Open bonet STEAM in the face. Top radiator hose is pumping out steam into the left bank of the enigine bay. No water is let in header tank.

An Oh F*ck moment before work.

The whole left side of the engine is covered in this brown muck that won't come off.

Get the think fixed at lunch (parnets are so help full).

Now today i go to fit the air conditioning system i bought 2 months ago, take off the front of the car, take out dash and heater unit, but in the compressor go to fit the new AC heater/colling unit only to find tht my shell doesn;t have theright hole in the bulkhead.

So now i have to bodge a hole through the bulkhead to get the thing to work.
    And also the fan belt wasn;t right so my poor dad spend 4 hours messing about with a ne belt trying to get all 3 of them back on the car and ajusting them so they will work.

Oh well at least this means that i deserve a bit of luck with my car and that the AC should work when i finnaly get it fitted.

I would like to add my Sympathy to the people who have had there cars battered in my f*cking losers.

TO ALL if you see some f*ck smashing someone cars PLEASE do the what the law says and BEAT THE F*CK OUT OF HIM TILL HE BLEEEDS

2. monza 16v Forum Member

Great when they're workin eh? :lol:

3. buzzby Forum Member

when there working. i only had it working for a 9 days. Whats you record.

4. monza 16v Forum Member

Had over a year without a single thing breaking. Had sh*t loads go within the last 6 months though :lol: