A3 18t abs delete ????

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Goongoongoon, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Goongoongoon New Member

Hi all could someone tell me if it's possible to delete the abs system as I've used a a3 18t 20v as a donor vehicle for a conversion I've used all the parts possible including the clocks and immobliser which all work fine but I don't have abs so need to work out if it can be deleted as if I leave the engine on idle it's ok but as soon as I Rev if the display tells me I've got an abs fault and to visit the workshop.
    I have vagcom and wondered if it's possible to delete it in adaptions or any other way as would love to run with this dash as I've spent ages studying wiring diagrams and got everything I can working but the abs I cannot sort cheers for spending the time to read and any help will be great

2. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You can code the clocks so it ignores the abs

If you change the last digit of the soft coding to zero

0 - No available equipment
    +1 - Automatic Transmission
    +2 - ABS Brakes
    +4 - Airbags

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  3. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

4. Goongoongoon New Member

Hi and thank you for the replys I will check on vagcom tomorrow for the fault code and reply
    MUSHY 16v I've never tried to do an adaption or soft coding so could you enlighten me please and again many thanks for all your help so far

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  5. Goongoongoon New Member

Cerips:::
    Yes that's the one any idea of how to overcome it please as spent so much time getting everything working it would be a shame to have to fit different clocks and loose the immobliser and ecu will need immobliser delete ??