ABF breather pipes and fuel help please

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Alex mac, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Alex mac Forum Member

evening all

I need a little help please, i don't have any experience with ABF auxiliaries only k-jet.

firstly is this the correct place for this pipe to go?[​IMG]

which fuel lines do i connect up? I have a blue pipe and a black pipe you can see in this pic, and then the A and B connections to the right[​IMG]

I can you stick a filter on the end of this cant i?[​IMG]

And does the connections look right on this? I seem to be missing a few plugs i think[​IMG]

And am i right to have blocked these off and my mate sent the other one off into that big pipe that goes in side the cab. I think is for the revs?
    [​IMG]

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  2. eightieshatches Forum Member

1 yes
    2 i think the blue pipe is the fuel feed and the black the return you may want to confirm This having a look under the car where the pump is. On the engine b is the fuel feed and a the return.
    3 it should really go to the air filter housing but I think you could put a filter on it.
    4 looks like too many sensors than not enough plugs I'm sure that wire coming from round the back of the big multi plug doesn't live there looks like one on top of the oil filter housing.
    5 yes you can buy some proper caps for these on eBay quite cheap.

I'm doing all this from memory so not 100% sure on the car feed lines but hope it helps.

3. danTbone Forum Member

1st is yes,
    2nd is yes think black flow,blue retern having said that i got mine the wrong way round when doing mine.
    3rd i belive you can put filter on.
    4rth look ok but i cant be sure 100%.
    5th ok to block off. do you have one going to ecu .

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

2. black is feed, blue return. look closely on the fuel rail on engine it has arrows so you cant go wrong
    3. yes fit a mini filter if you dont have proper abf airbox
    4. looks ok except the black wire coming from the front looks to be for the mfa oil temp, if so this is wrong plug it into the white sensor on the oil filter housing. plus you have a kr/9a dizzy, sell that and buy an abf one
    5. throttle body ones cap off, back of inlet one goes to the abf ecu

edit: oh and look at the front of the inlet near the isv, there may be another vacuum nipple if so that goes to the PCV valve

5. Alex mac Forum Member

Right ok so I need an abf coil, I thought I could use the kr one.
    I don't have a abf ecu because I'm running megasquirt.

Cheers

6. rubjonny

ah, how do you plan to manage the spark system with megasquirt? crank sensor or dizzy? basically kr/9a dizzy has 4 trigger windows and timing is adjustible, abf dizzy is fixed with 1 trigger window used only as cam TDC reference.

vac line is for the map sensor, if you dont plan to run one with the ms ecu then it can be blanked off as well

edit: this will help:
    http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?203746

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  7. Alex mac Forum Member

Not using a crank sensor, I was hoping to use the dizzy.

8. rubjonny

kk then you will need the kr/9a dizzy then :)

9. Alex mac Forum Member

Haha :) cheers jonny

10. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

There are some fundamentally wrong connections in those pictures that I will attempt to comment on later.

11. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I have put some comments in the pictures to clarify what has been done to reduce any errors on start up.

[​IMG]

Please note you have made some mistakes on picture 4.

1 - Now redundant used to act as an old K jet ignition ECU temp sender.
    2 - You have connected a MS coolant temp sensor to the the K Jet thermo time switch. Please disconnect and leave the switch in place as a water stopper.
    3 - This sensor looks like the oil temp which should be removed to the oil filter housing or on the side of the cylinder head over exhaust runner 4. Please remove this sender, fit an ABF white 2 pin coolant temp sensor and plug connection from 2 into it.
    4/1 - Can be used for the cluster water gauge sender.

N/B 4 and 1 are not drilled through the cylinder head and redundant senders can be removed.

Hope this helps.

:thumbup:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  12. Alex mac Forum Member

Thanks toyotec great bit of information. Thanks to rubjonny too and everyone else for your help :)

13. Alex mac Forum Member

Would you be able to tell me the number for the two pin white abf coolant sensor?

Thank you

14. rubjonny

026906161 - 36.04+vat

15. Alex mac Forum Member

16. rubjonny

17. Alex mac Forum Member

Ok does this look right?

Ok I have the white pipe that's coming from the clocks connected into the servo pipe, is that right?
    And the red silicone pipe is going to the megasquirt [​IMG]

This ones a little hard to see. I have the cable from the alternator connected to the start and the power from the loom and then the main battery cable plugged to the starter. And one small red cable connected, you can just see it on the right. I have another spade bellow that lot on the starter but I don't ever recall anything being plugged into it so I guess it doesn't do anything?
    [​IMG]

Is it ok to have the oil catch tank there? Or will I need to move it higher or lower?
    [​IMG]

Oil sensors. Blue cable at the back yellow at the front, is that correct?
    [​IMG]

Haven't got a clue what this cable is or does and we're it might go. I think it's a green and black under a black protective cover.
    [​IMG]

Is that correct now?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just need some help with the final bits before I attempt to work out the megasquirt and start it.
    Thank you for all your help :)

Cheers
    Alex

18. rubjonny

cap the other nipple on the brake servo, otherwise you'll have an air leak. the spare plug is oil temp sensor for mfa, this goes in the filter housing where that spare bolt is. if you look round the back of the head on the passenger side you might find a spare white sensor, if so move that to the filter housing and block the rear hole off with the bolt. usually the battery power wire from fusebox goes to the battery, but on starter should be ok. the spare spade on starter is for the kjet injection system so no worries there

with the side flange you could buy a new plastic abf one to delete that spare hole rather than having to use that bolt:
    http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=657

19. Alex mac Forum Member

I will take a look at the back of the engine later but from what I can remember the only sensor at the back of the block is an odd shaped one were the spade connector plugs on to it sideways.

20. Alex mac Forum Member

This is the only sensor at the back of the block so i have used this one, if that's the one you meant?[​IMG]

Cheers
    Alex