Abf evap issues

Discussion in '16-valve' started by davey, Mar 28, 2023.

1. davey Forum Member

Only way I can get my abf to run is by disconnecting the charcoal canister pipe from the inlet manifold.... Switches for throttle stop checked. Isv clicks with power but doesn't buzz..... Any thoughts?

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if isv doesn't vibrate/buzz with ignition thats where you'll want to look next, the black wire to it should be ignition live and the white is pulsed by the ecu to make it do the buzzzzz.

I'd start by pulling the loom from the round plug off the engine and strip it completely, chances are it'll be mangled round the back they always are unless someone has repaired it recently.

the ISV ignition live is shared by the breather heater near the throttle, the heater isnt needed and if its mangled like usual you'll often find the black is shorted to the brown earth which then pops fuse 15. the brown is just earthed to the head so remove and bin, and cut the black where its crimped to the isv power jobs a goodun

3. davey Forum Member

Thanks jonny. I've found the old isv thread this morning so I've split the spare isv I have. It's proper gunked up and sized solid! Cleaned up and lubed! Try again this weekend.... All the wiring is good - no shorts or corrosion. The loom has been adapted to plug into my t3 so the fuse 15 option has been deleted I'd say.... I just hope I haven't made the mistake of not having a fail-safe! Find out soon I guess!

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the fact you hear it click tells me the ignition feed is probably ok tbh, check the loom on the engine anyway get the breather heater deleted and any damaged repaired :)

davey likes this.