ABF experts help old Golden

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Golden, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Golden Forum Junkie

Ok, having finally got round to sorting my ABF I have few questions.

If any of you can answer any of them Id be grateful.

Mine had a late type clutch on it, I assume I can transfer the whole KR clutch/pressure plate/flywheel assembly? (Im using the standard KR box).

Also does the cast ali exhaust heat shield still fit when its fitted to a MK2?

Have most people kept the big heat shield assembly that goes around the inner O/S CV boot and protects the steering UJ boot? (has fabric bit on the side of it)

Does the KR MFA oil temp sensor fit straight into the hole with the blanking plug on the head?

Do most people bin the big ali support bracket (bell housing extension) under the sump that bolts up to the later gearbox?

Has anybody used the cork sump gasket with the ali sump?

Cheers guys, any help greatly appreciated.

2. vrbanana Forum Junkie

ally sump with rubber seal uses different bolts because of the windage tray.

ally bracket for box can be thrown if you want

3. Golden Forum Junkie

Cheers mate :)

4. Dub Nutta Forum Member

Sender goes straight in the back of the head. Ally manifold cover should fit but haven't tried it. The inletmanifold support brackets are a bit different.

KR clutch will go straight back on, think about an uprated one while u are doing it I would advise.

5. Golden Forum Junkie

Cheers I'll see how quick I can trash the Luk I've just fitted, I don't like it but couldn't get a Sachs.

6. vrbanana Forum Junkie

[:s] [:s] [:s] [:s] buy a Sachs clutch and it sometime comes with a LUK plate and visa versa.... think some of the production is shared and also think LUK have a stake in Sachs or its parent company

7. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

I noticed that with my VAG clutch.

Luk pressure plate and Sachs disc. [:s]

8. Golden Forum Junkie

What I don't like is the pressure plate on the Luk set, it has less support than the Sachs and I always find Luk a bit grabby.

9. Golden Forum Junkie

Oh and this was all Luk, shite pressure plate and another difference was the Sachs that I put in before had double torsion springs where the Luk only had single.

10. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I`ve got a Sachs friction plate kicking about, bough it off e-bay but never fitted it.