Abf noisy/diesel sound shakes on idle

Discussion in '16-valve' started by lowmk1, Jan 31, 2016.

1. lowmk1 Forum Member

Hi wounder if anyone has had any simular problems with this? There is an obvious diesel sound coming from the engine and when in idle you can feel the engine/car shake occasionaly. It sounds like the noise is coming from the top i did think could be eithor chain or tappets? But sticking your head over the engine it sounds like it may be exhaust related? Ive pulled the top heatsheilds off and there does look like a crack right in the top of the manifold but no soot.Cars been running atf mix in the oil for a few weeks(cars sorned so not done any realy mileage just round the block) doesnt seem down on power ive cleaned the throttle body and idle control valve checked all the vac pipes cleaned up the spark plugs and dizzy cap. It did have a k&n filter on it which was very much a bodge(open vac pipes and sensors just hanging) i managed to find a good airbox which has deffinatly helped quiten things down im just waiting on some 3mm vac pipe to arive so i can plumb the vac pipe from the side of airbox to the tb.

Would a blow/crack in the manifold/downpipe cause these symptems? Im thinking if there is a leak before the lamba probe it poss could? Along with the noise/rattle?

As always any help much appreciated