adrian flux want 230 quid for me moving home

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by jaswan, Apr 27, 2012.

1. jaswan Forum Member

im a person who loves a gripe, ill admit, but is it just me that finds this rediculous?

i have allready paid, in full roughly 450 pounds to insure my mk2golf (which sits idle for about 8 months of the year whn im out of the uk) and now as iv changed my address they want an extra 230, making my permium almost 700.

im now stuck, as if i cancel, ill get 44 of my 450 that iv paid back, but if i pay that means they have won and ill be paying what i feel is way over the odds. my work mate pays less than this to insure his 540bhp drift skyline.

fed up!

Jason.

2. Willber Forum Member

Have you had a quote from anywhere else with the different address, with the same details under which you took out the current policy?

Worth trying that and if it's cheaper than Flux's proposed offer then you could put that to them and ask that they match it?

3. jaswan Forum Member

thanks for the info,

ill give it a go now.

Jason.

4. Chrisrpal Events Team

I have this to look forward too. I am also with Adrian Flux and have just moved house, my Hooligan car (golf mk2 abf) as my father in law calls it is at my mums and dreading how much they will add on. They do it on postcodes, I feel they have you over a barrel. I had problems getting life assurance with Legal and General due to my dads ill health history, a nice, strong to the point letter copied to my mortgage lender and BBC watchdog soon got the ball rolling and getting sorted. I hate insurance companies!!!

5. samjac68 New Member

one of my mates moved from a village on the outskirts of telford to the centre of telford and his insurance went from 700 to 1900:lol: insurance companies are *******s

6. Matt48 Forum Member

down to where you live, but you 've got to phone around I change insurer every yr.

But I am an old git in Sussex which helps.

Admiral wanted 600 quid for my multicar renewal so I walked away and I'm with aviva for 420 180 for mk2 and the rest for the cab. 4k and 8k a yr between them.

post code and age