Aftermarket Crank Position Sensor

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by mr.brown, Aug 19, 2005.

1. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

So it looks as if I'll be getting a 60-2 crank wheel (whatever that means) and a Crank Position Sensor.

Are there any oem or aftermarket brackets for mounting the CPS?

Has anyone done this and have a pic?

Pretty please....

2. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

What block is this going on, the newer ones have a 60-2 built in to the crank already. If not, you could have a chat with Badger Bill, I know he sells some crank trigger products. Webcon are also worth a call, although they won't have anything VW specific.

There's a couple of pics of a crank trigger on a 16v in this thread, there was another buried in here somewhere. And another.

What ECU are you installing btw? It's worth checking what OEM sensors it is compatible with, they're much cheaper from a scrappy than new. I'm not sure if there are huge differences between VR crank sensors or if they're all much the same [:$]

3. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

My plan, FWIW
    [​IMG]

That's a 36 tooth wheel for an EDIS setup. Need to get a machinist to drill out the centre of the wheel and press it on to the back of the crank pulley. I have an OEM sensor from a fester XR2i, going to fab up a bracket to mount on to the same point as the rear PAS pump bracket.

4. mk1. Forum Junkie

5. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers for the replies - I'll have a good look thru those threads in a minute.

I'm going with a set-up from 034efi.com - they will supply the toothed wheel and the sensor and their own ECU preprogrammed with a suitable map.

The only issue for me is mounting the sensor :)

6. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Your best bet then is to have a chat with the guys at 034efi, they've done plenty of VW's before so they should be able to give you a good idea of how to mount it.