Aftermarket sat/nav system?

Discussion in 'Sat Nav, GPS, Camera Detectors' started by drew, May 19, 2004.

1. drew Forum Member

Any recommendations?

Cost not really an issue but ought to be

1. Readable
    2. Colour
    3. Easy to use
    4. Portable between cars
    5. and do some funky GPS stuff too for a laugh.

Cheers,

Drew.

2. superden Forum Addict

There are plenty of hand held ones available :thumbup:

3. Ajit_mk2_16v Forum Member

I've got an Alpine system, its DVD based and uses a display unit which pops out of the headunit location. Its very very good. Very easy to use, takes a number of inputs ie. Postcodes, Telephone numbers, points of interests. It has a full colour display with a dual display, i/e it zooms into junctions and roundabouts.

Cost wise... its expensive and because i've got a 2003 version DVD some roads are missing. But on the whole its great and worth the money!
    Edited by: Ajit_mk2_16v

4. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Get a Dell Axim Pocket PC Drew. You can get them from Dell Direct with the Tomtom Navigation system, they are only about 400 with all the kit including everything you need to run it in your car.

Also, you can download an interface for the Tomtom navigation software that detects speed cameras using the GPS receiver and database of camera locations.

In all you get a GPS Speed Camera detector and GPS Navigation for what a Road Angel used to cost on its own.