AGU engine code ?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by dazzer-b, Mar 7, 2004.

1. dazzer-b New Member

i have read on may 1.8t forums about what engine codes have better such and such. i have an AGU which i have never ever been seen mentioned even when just listing every engine code for the 1.8t's does any body know any info on this engine good points and bad etc

dazzer-b

2. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

Here is my AGU engine in my Audi A3 ---> Click

Built 1998
    150bhp
    non drive by wire (it uses a throttle cable)
    non variable valve timing
    K03 turbo charger
    large inlet ports (I think)

Basically the early 1.8T tranverse engine mounted cars got these. Both A3 and Golf.

I don't have all the bore/stroke, valve size info to hand as I'm at work at the mo.

Is this for an engine conversion? Is there anything specific you need to know?

3. dazzer-b New Member

no just wandeing really people have been going on about all there models and mine didnt get a mention and most of the time in magazines it always states parts as 1999 upwards when mine is a 1998 i just didnt know if this was a dodgy engine to play with

4. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

Just as good engine as all the others! [:D]

5. VDubChap Forum Member

The AGU is the strongest of all the three engines, doesnt seem to have the regukar coil pack failures or air mass meter probs as is apparent on the later models.