Agu in mk3 8v gti

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Rob knight, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Rob knight Forum Member

Agu big plug from ecu..

2. Rob knight Forum Member

I really am lost wit mk3 loom so many wires go to fan fan switches 2big black plugs going to a big fuse.. Can any one do this for me

3. Rob knight Forum Member

I've only found 5 wires on mk3 loom to go to my T10a plug is that correct

4. Rob knight Forum Member

I've gave up lol Fort are separate light loom wiper loom from engine loom but carnt go's round to battery and fan plug wires reds browns greens not just the case off pick ecu wires I done that but found 5 matches up to agu and about 30 left over coolant bottle fans coil all sorts air con wires aswell

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you leave most of the mk3 wiring loom alone, as its all integrated on the post-96 it includes fan switch, lights etc etc that all stays as it was before. coil you dont need so you can cut that plug, then you have 1 wire from it to ecu which you bin as its now loose, an ignition live and earth. ignition live could go to coilpacks but I recommend you put a fuse inline as per my guide at least. earth can go to t10a plug for your coilpack earth.

aircon stays as it is if keeping aircon, you have 1 or 2 ecu wires for your mk3 aircon which need to go to the agu ecu aircon wire(s) so it knows the aircon is switched on

then all you worry about is the wiring to the mk3 ecu and the engine round plug, these are all the feeds you need for the agu ecu

6. Rob knight Forum Member

I cut ecu plug off and round engine plug and removed the wires I still have 20 wires left over also have brown wires going to battery terminals wot came from plugs I thank I've wrecked it. Do you know who can do for me if I give them my agu loom and mk3 loom?

7. rubjonny

Any wires from ECU to round plug can go, any wires from fusebox to ecu plug can be used for the coloured plugs or will be spare. Any wires from round plug to fusebox can be used for the t10a.

Use my fusebox faq and my MK4 guide to figure out what all the fusrbox wires are for

brown wires to ecu and coil can be reused for the ECU and t10a these are earthstry James e looms or William Skelton on facebook

8. Rob knight Forum Member

Yep I'm lost lol.. Are send to u to do [:D]

9. Rob knight Forum Member

I've gave up so many wires left over

10. Rob knight Forum Member

So we get rid off original mk3 ecu altogether

11. rubjonny

yes, you only use the mk4 ecu

12. Rob knight Forum Member

OK Fort are have another hour on it I've found 5 wires 3 my golf loom that matches t10a plug yet there's 9 wires on t10a plug is this right.. Wot do I do with all left over wires got to be 20 at least

13. rubjonny

follow all the wires that used to be on the round plug, use my fusebox FAQ to ID what they are. the thickish red with big yellow spade plug hosuing at fusebox end is Z/1 which is your fuel injector live.

you may have one wire from round plug to the fan control module, thats radiator fan after-run thermoswitch. you can either insulate this and ignore, or mount the mk3 thermoswitch near the exhaust manifold and have the feature working

14. Rob knight Forum Member

Big ecu loom on agu

15. Rob knight Forum Member

OK I've laid loom across bench mk3 loom has a plug to airbox and 2 plugs that go to a pump which I followed go's to carbon cannister also lambda wires can I strip all these out as not useng canister and agu loom has plug for lamda

16. rubjonny

any wiring that came from big ecu plug to stuff in the engine bay, can go. so ecu -> round plug, bin. ecu -> carbon canister -> bin. ecu -> airbox, bin. cut the plugs off for any of these, then you'll be left with some wires from these things to the fusebox. use fusebox faq to ID what they are ;)

so for example, the carbon canister has 1 wire to ecu, and 1 wire to g2/4 which is ignition live. keep this handy, but you may find you dont need it. lambda probe has 2 wires from ecu, an earth which you may or may not need keep handy, and wire from g1/8 which is fuel pump power for lambda heater -> use for agu lambda and maf plus carbon canister feed.

key is dont panic, dont cut anything except ecu plug, round engine plug and any plugs in engine bay that are fed from ecu plug.

fusebox side from ecu you'll have some to G1/G2/F, plus some singles. a purple/white wire is mpg signal, you could try tapping this to the agu mpg signal mixed reviews if it works or not. blue/white vehicle speed signal wire, tap that to agu blue/white.

grey/white is your diagnostics wire, it will go to the immobiliser box but that can go in the bin now instead you could run ecu diagnostics straight to the jumper block above fusebox. or you could splice the mk3 grey/white wire to the agu grey/white and leave immo box in there, the agu ecu will ignore it and the immo box will still route vagcom port connection to the ecu just fine.

if you want to strip out immob box drag all the wires from the box out and reader coil from ignition switch. there will be black wire to the green E plug, can cut that off to remove the loom but DONT cut the other black wire from E plug which goes to ignition jumper block. you then splice immobiliser box wire to the diagnostics jumper to the ecu diagnostics wire then it plugs into the diagnotics block

17. Rob knight Forum Member

Wots 2 yellow wires 2pin yellow plug was under drivers wing

18. Rob knight Forum Member

Also do I kp out side temp switch r/w and b/W

19. Rob knight Forum Member

Brake flued cap wires kp or chuck also got 2 pin plug also 2pin plug goes to a valve with white pipes goes into heater box and a can in passenger wing

20. Rob knight Forum Member

Morning I've done lil diagram green plug orange brown plugs.. Green plug has 4 wires w/R o/BL O/B WH/R
    Orange plug grey/w. Gr/wh. Pur/wh B/w green Blu/red
    Brown plug Bl/pu. R/green. Red red/purple blu/yellow...
    I tryed following ur guide.. Green none orange 2 wires brown 2 wires