ALDI Compressors and air tools

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by Mike_H, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

...On sale now.
    24 litre 2.5 hp compressor - 99.99
    Various air tools - Impact wrenches, spray guns, spot blaster, etc - see prices
    10m hose on a reel 29.99

This compressor should be fine for occasional use, but I wouldn't want to try and run a grinder or sander off it, or spray a whole car. Good to impact-gun the odd nut off your car though.

I find that LIDL & ALDI air tools are fine for DIY use, and normally have a good warranty period.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week11Sunday12.htm?WT.z_src=main

2. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

are you going to be heading to an Aldi near you? the air tool kit looks good for 19.99

[​IMG]

3. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

The compressor is actually very good. I used it along with the water trap kit to spray my wings.

Gurds

4. seanr68 Forum Member

I bought a Lidl one about 2 years ago. 79.99 with tools and its never let me down. Serviced it back end of last year, so it should be good for a while yet. I also bought the hose reel and auto oiler from Lidl, both work great and were cheap as chips.
    I use mine for inflating tyres, blowing crap away with the air gun and i use a decent Britool impact gun with it, and it works a treat. Never sprayed anything with it yet but no reason why it shouldn't do a reasonable job.
    Ideal for a home mechanic who doesn't expect miracles but wants a reliable, practicle bit of kit.

5. CovGTi Forum Member

Tool station do one for 99.99, come with spray gun, hose and something else.

6. BURNI

BURNI Forum Member

The 1 at toolstation is only got 1.5 hp compared to 2.5 from the 1from aldi...Thanks for heads up mike picked 1 up last night cant complain for the price and 3 year warenty

7. danTbone Forum Member

yeh its good and its all mine i tells ya MINE

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Forum Member

Any thoughts on the air shears?

-its the only item I have not got...

9. Joe16v Forum Member

I got one yesterday too.

Bit disappointed with the impact wrench. Shall stick to my breaker bar! But seems ok. Cant wait to get spraying with it.

Any ideas how to man it up a bit for the wrench?

10. Mike_H Forum Addict

With a small compressor tank it won't take long before it runs out of puff. Check it's turned up to full power on the impact gun itself - some types have a power control on the handle - and make sure it's oiled properly.